Below, a short outline describes important information about costs and financial aid at Creighton and items to pay close attention to when accepting your aid.
Cost of Attendance
Your tuition and fees at Creighton will be billed each semester. Within your total cost of attendance, you will see both your direct costs to Creighton (tuition and fees), as well as more generalized costs you will likely incur outside of Creighton as you pursue this degree (such as personal housing).
|Cost of Attendance|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Tuition & Fees
Directly billed by Creighton
|Books & Supplies||$500||$500||$500|
Completing Your Financial Aid
Throughout your program at Creighton, you will need to file two FAFSAs and accept your financial aid offer two times. FAFSAs for the upcoming year open in October (for example, October 2020 for the 2021-22 FAFSA), which should give you plenty of time to file in advance of starting your program.
|FAFSA #1||FAFSA #2|
|Fall Cohort||Semester 1, Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Spring Cohort||Semester 1||Semester 2, Semester 3|
STEP 1. Complete the FAFSA
This is the first step to establishing eligibility for all federal and state student aid programs.
- Complete your FAFSA. (For step-by-step guidance to filing your FAFSA, check out this video.) When completing your FAFSA, you should note that you are completing a second Bachelor’s degree (not a graduate or professional degree).
- Check for missing documents to complete your aid offer
- Accept aid offer, complete master promissory note and loan entrance counseling for the Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan program at https://studentaid.gov/ .
- Please review the loan limits set in place by the Department of Education: https://financialaid.creighton.edu/types-aid/federal-direct-loans/direct-loan-limits
If needed, you may also complete private/alternative loan applications, outlined below.
STEP 2: Other Student Loan Options
The Federal Nursing Loan has a fixed interest rate of 5% with no loan origination fees. The Federal Nursing Loan does not accrue interest while in school nor during the nine month grace period before repayment begins.
- Complete master promissory note for the Federal Nursing Loan at www.ecsi.net/promi2
Students applying for Private/Alternative loans will need to select a lender and complete their loan application. Information and links to these Private/Alternatives loan lenders can be found here. Remember your program will cross two academic years so you will need to complete two Private/Alternative loan applications, one for each year.
STEP 3: Refund (if you are receiving funds in excess of tuition and fees)
Disbursement of funds are 5 days prior to the start of each semester
- Any excess funds to help pay for living expenses will be refunded to you at that time.
- Sign up for direct deposit in your NEST account under Student Accounts https://www.creighton.edu/businessoffice/policies/refundsoverpaymentsandwithdrawals/
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of aid can I receive?
This program is a second bachelor’s program, so you’re still an undergraduate student. That means that you may qualify for federal loans, depending on your FAFSA eligibility, but you will not qualify for any federal grants. Many of our students pursue private loans in addition to any federal loan options.
Are there scholarships available?
Creighton does not have institutional grants or scholarships available for incoming Accelerated Nursing students. Limited scholarships may be available as you continue in this program.
Can I use my veteran’s benefits?
Creighton University has proudly supported military personnel and their families for more than 100 years. We are a Yellow Ribbon school and will work with you personally to understand your benefits through the Accelerated Nursing program. www.creighton.edu/mil/benefitsfunding/
Feel free to contact us during business hours at 402.280.2731 or 800.282.5835 to set up an appointment to discuss your financial aid. You can also email Robert Herman, Associate Director of Financial Aid-Undergraduate Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.