Outside Scholarships

outside scholarship information

If you are the recipient of an outside scholarship, you must notify the Creighton Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid office is required by law to adjust federal aid if the addition of an outside scholarship results in an over-award situation. There are certain times when an outside scholarship may make you ineligible for the federal financial aid you were previously awarded. Your aid officer will notify you if a change is made in your aid offer.

All outside scholarship checks should be mailed to:

Creighton University
Financial Aid Office
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178

Research, Scholarships & Fellowships (SOAR)

Do you know where you are headed after graduation? Graduate School?  Professional School?  Study Abroad?

Then you need to be aware of some wonderful options for nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships.

Learn more about SOAR

National Scholarships

You may apply for the following awards through the College of Arts & Sciences. These national scholarships cover undergraduate education, with some continuing to support graduate-level work:

Goldwater Scholarship

Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship Program (need-based)

Truman Scholarship

Morris K. Udall Scholarship

National Institutes of Health Undergraduate Scholarship

Health Professions Scholarship Programs

  • Army or call 402.343.9400
  • Navy or call 402.558.2121


  • Army ROTC  Creighton campus
  • Air Force ROTC Univ. Nebraska Omaha campus

Scholarship Search

Here are some links to popular scholarship search sites. For undergraduate, be sure to check with your high school counselor for outside scholarship sources.



College Board

Peterson's Scholarship Central

Sallie Mae's Scholarship Search (undergraduate students)

Sallie Mae's Scholarship Search (graduate/professional students)

Nerd Scholar Scholarships

Chegg Scholarships

Scholarship Scam Alerts

Online MBA Scholarships